Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Veterinarians are completing the study comparing allantoic and amniotic fluids and heart rates of fetuses in mares.’
- ‘The embryo forms an allantoic placenta, as is true of at least some peramelids and koalas but not other marsupials.’
- ‘We're talking about things like the amnion, the chorion, the allantoic sac, the placenta, the umbilical cord, if those words sound familiar to you.’
- ‘Again, we performed the tests on embryos, plus allantoic fluid from the eggs after five days.’
- ‘A feeding solution of 7.5 mM allantoic acid was used in most experiments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.