One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Continuous work without rest or relaxation is harmful to one's personal life and well-being.‘in addition to firm information, we have a little game because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’
- ‘All work and no play, poor nutrition, no exercise, and few relationships can have severe negative consequences in the long run.’
- ‘It won't be all work and no play at the show.’
- ‘The summer won't be all work and no play, however, with almost half of students intending to go travelling at some point.’
- ‘Though you agree that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, the industrious and methodical part of you will do justice to your work.’
- ‘Being in shape doesn't have to be all work and no play.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.