One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Continuous work without rest or relaxation is harmful to one's personal life and well-being.‘in addition to firm information, we have a little game because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’
- ‘All work and no play, poor nutrition, no exercise, and few relationships can have severe negative consequences in the long run.’
- ‘The summer won't be all work and no play, however, with almost half of students intending to go travelling at some point.’
- ‘Being in shape doesn't have to be all work and no play.’
- ‘It won't be all work and no play at the show.’
- ‘Though you agree that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, the industrious and methodical part of you will do justice to your work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.