Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking everything into account.‘so, all things considered, I think I have done all right’
- ‘She was taking it very well, all things considered.’
- ‘And if you decide, all things considered, to stay in and watch telly, you're in for a slow night - there isn't any.’
- ‘So all things considered, it's pretty optimistic.’
- ‘So it's pretty reasonable, all things considered.’
- ‘It's not been a bad week, all things considered.’
- ‘Still, I don't think it's looking too bad, all things considered.’
- ‘As to the jail cell that he's in right now, all things considered, it's not bad because he is by himself and he's segregated.’
- ‘So all things considered, it turned out much better than projected.’
- ‘I don't think I fared too badly, all things considered.’
- ‘In general, last year was by most accounts a successful year for the fitness facility industry, all things considered.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.