Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking everything into account:‘so, all things considered, I think I have done all right’
- ‘It's not been a bad week, all things considered.’
- ‘So all things considered, it turned out much better than projected.’
- ‘And if you decide, all things considered, to stay in and watch telly, you're in for a slow night - there isn't any.’
- ‘She was taking it very well, all things considered.’
- ‘In general, last year was by most accounts a successful year for the fitness facility industry, all things considered.’
- ‘So it's pretty reasonable, all things considered.’
- ‘I don't think I fared too badly, all things considered.’
- ‘Still, I don't think it's looking too bad, all things considered.’
- ‘As to the jail cell that he's in right now, all things considered, it's not bad because he is by himself and he's segregated.’
- ‘So all things considered, it's pretty optimistic.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.