One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Taking everything into account.‘so, all things considered, I think I have done all right’
all things considered, considering everything, all in all, on the whole, taking everything into account, taking everything into consideration, at the end of the day, when all's said and doneView synonyms
- ‘Still, I don't think it's looking too bad, all things considered.’
- ‘I don't think I fared too badly, all things considered.’
- ‘So it's pretty reasonable, all things considered.’
- ‘She was taking it very well, all things considered.’
- ‘In general, last year was by most accounts a successful year for the fitness facility industry, all things considered.’
- ‘It's not been a bad week, all things considered.’
- ‘So all things considered, it's pretty optimistic.’
- ‘And if you decide, all things considered, to stay in and watch telly, you're in for a slow night - there isn't any.’
- ‘As to the jail cell that he's in right now, all things considered, it's not bad because he is by himself and he's segregated.’
- ‘So all things considered, it turned out much better than projected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.