One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Many different kinds of.‘echinacea is used by American Indians for all manner of ailments’
- ‘The door is double-locked, with chains and bolts, because behind it lies all manner of secrets.’
- ‘Nowadays, worshippers of all faiths can rely on all manner of electronic reminders.’
- ‘As always in such cases, all manner of conspiracy theories immediately sprang up.’
- ‘Our society claims to be caring - yet unrestrained selfishness leads to all manner of evil.’
- ‘They are also a critical means of expanding the market reach for all manner of products in an economy.’
- ‘A conflict raged at the heart of Europe which posed all manner of seminal questions for the nature of humanity.’
- ‘The simple answer is to fill in the blanks with all manner of really important things to do.’
- ‘They've come up with all manner of catchy slogans designed to tip the scales in their favour.’
- ‘Living on the main road, I see this every day with all manner of vehicles whose drivers ignore the speed limit.’
- ‘Even if I only travel to Blackpool I am harassed by all manner of insects that want to suck every last drop of blood out of me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.