One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Most of the time, especially outside the time considered usual.‘teenagers expect to be allowed to stay out to all hours’
- ‘Applicant Ian Curwen is hoping to re-open the garage, offering petrol and garage-shop fare at all hours.’
- ‘People living nearby fear for their own homes, after a number of fires at the site, and are worried children are often inside at all hours.’
- ‘Those who have to suffer the consequences are wondering why local parents are letting their teenagers run amok at all hours of the night.’
- ‘She had a special key to the Sheen Gate, so she had access to White Lodge at all hours.’
- ‘I wrote and arranged music, and produced hit records at all hours of the night and weekends.’
- ‘If they didn't expect shops to open all hours then they wouldn't.’
- ‘People gather at all hours of the day, some staring in awe, others simply curious.’
- ‘So, naturally they may play football or volleyball outside your room at all hours of the day and night.’
- ‘They forced the Government's hand over Sunday trading by illegally opening all hours, to the delight of shoppers.’
- ‘I've seen some of them wandering about at all hours of the night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.