One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Most of the time, especially outside the time considered usual.‘teenagers expect to be allowed to stay out to all hours’
- ‘Those who have to suffer the consequences are wondering why local parents are letting their teenagers run amok at all hours of the night.’
- ‘I wrote and arranged music, and produced hit records at all hours of the night and weekends.’
- ‘People gather at all hours of the day, some staring in awe, others simply curious.’
- ‘So, naturally they may play football or volleyball outside your room at all hours of the day and night.’
- ‘I've seen some of them wandering about at all hours of the night.’
- ‘Applicant Ian Curwen is hoping to re-open the garage, offering petrol and garage-shop fare at all hours.’
- ‘They forced the Government's hand over Sunday trading by illegally opening all hours, to the delight of shoppers.’
- ‘She had a special key to the Sheen Gate, so she had access to White Lodge at all hours.’
- ‘If they didn't expect shops to open all hours then they wouldn't.’
- ‘People living nearby fear for their own homes, after a number of fires at the site, and are worried children are often inside at all hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.