One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strongly in favour of.‘I was all for tolerance’
in favour of, pro, for, giving support to, giving backing to, right behind, encouraging of, approving of, sympathetic toView synonyms
- ‘That is to say 95 per cent of the public who use taxis would be all for an additional test.’
- ‘One councillor was all for breaking off negotiations with the association.’
- ‘I am all for protecting species because they are useful, or aesthetically pleasing.’
- ‘I'm all for experiment and economy, but a less ambitious reading might be more coherent.’
- ‘I'm all for seniors tackling technology with a song in their heart but your kitchen is your kitchen.’
- ‘I'm all for movies being made on digital video and released in cinemas.’
- ‘In general, I'm all for investment trusts when they are trading on large discounts.’
- ‘They are all for the odd shock, but not every other week.’
- ‘I am all for recycling, but I don't see how we will gain anything from such a poorly managed scheme.’
- ‘After speaking a bit, I asked him if he'd be down for an interview, and he was all for it.’
- ‘I was all for using my paddle as a club and bashing the living daylights out of it if it got any closer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.