One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
All human and animal life.
- ‘Toscanini conducts with an iron grip on proceedings with the massive ‘Behold, all flesh is as the grass’ sounding pretty foreboding and penetrating at the same time.’
- ‘But there's that fourth dimension, time, and on that fourth dimensional axis, all flesh is one, it's all connected.’
- ‘As for the dirt, I was always under the impression that all flesh tastes the same to demons.’
- ‘The glory of God will be revealed, and all flesh together will see that the mouth of God has spoken.’
- ‘From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD.’
- ‘If chance be the Father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky’
- ‘And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, ‘In one year, I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all flesh is destroyed.’’
- ‘No manuscripts could possibly have been found, even were they buried far beneath the rubble, for it was obvious that a tremendous heat had once suffused the entire region, one that would have consumed all flesh and wood and leather.’
- ‘‘I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest’.’
- ‘Most surely old age is a disappointment if we have clung to this world as our highest good; for life is short, all flesh is as grass, all glory of man as the flower.’
- ‘‘for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof’ (Leviticus 17: 14 KJV)’
- ‘The bluebottle, Calliphora vomitoria, comes from the vanitas tradition in painting, of including a telling detail such as a worm eaten apple or a falling rose, as a reminder that all flesh is grass.’
- ‘Besides, in Genesis 9, God promised that He would never again send a flood to destroy all flesh and cover the earth - the rainbow being the sign of that promise.’
- ‘They were, we are, all flesh, and then we are all meat.’
- ‘Against a culture that is set against nature and renders all flesh meaningless, the Mother of God is still able to proclaim God's presence within the blood and the milk, the cells and the atoms, of the material creation.’
- ‘It goes on to say, ‘Blessed are You, Lord, Who heals all flesh and acts wondrously.’’
- ‘And all flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.’
- ‘In the incarnation we learn of the love of God for his creation; in the crucifixion we learn of the judgement of God upon all flesh; and in the resurrection we learn of God's will for a new world.’
- ‘And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.’
- ‘And the LORD said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.