One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to convey that a particular person or thing is currently the focus of public interest.‘over the next few weeks all eyes will be on the pound’
- ‘The next few weeks and months will be interesting as all eyes will be on the Irish.’
- ‘Now, he's in the final again and no matter what the semi-final scores say, all eyes are on the Ashanti.’
- ‘Dinner in the St. Petersburg Hotel's large restaurant came to a halt as all eyes focused on the television.’
- ‘My wife, mortified, tried to square her shoulders as all eyes dropped to her chest.’
- ‘Whatever the explanation, we can see that all eyes are on Clooney.’
- ‘Eventually a young woman, all eyes on her, reaches into her bag, mortified.’
- ‘As the lights go up on this performance all eyes are focused on how the main players have aged.’
- ‘Goals are vital and strikers like her are the premium currency, with all eyes focused on them after a successful foray.’
- ‘He looked at the group of people sitting down and soon all eyes were focused on the ground.’
- ‘Mirwaiz said all eyes are now focused on the unity moves and people are keenly watching the developments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.