One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The qualities that distinguish people from one another are obscured in some circumstances, and if they can't be perceived they don't matter.
- ‘The old adage that at night all cats are gray is in fact quite true.’
- ‘Besides, don't they say that all cats are grey in the dark?’
- ‘Franklin says that just as all cats are grey in the dark, all women would be the same for pleasure.’
- ‘I have no memory of the RAF teleprinter Room but I can only suppose that, on the principle that all cats are grey in the dark, I was so used to seeing teleprinters in action that I didn't find it surprising unless the uniforms were a different colour.’
- ‘The sole bit of worldly advice my mother ever gave me was that all cats are grey in the dark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.