One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an event, especially a sports match, for which spectators must buy tickets in advance.
- ‘The game is an all-ticket affair and should attract a capacity crowd to Clones.’
- ‘The match is an all-ticket affair, with tickets only available until 2pm today and then on Friday until 4pm, from the club office at Bootham Crescent.’
- ‘Now the Saints must steel themselves for their match with Celtic in an all-ticket affair at Love Street.’
- ‘The three all-ticket events held at last year's festival attracted a total of 300 people paying £6 a ticket.’
- ‘The match was an all-ticket event as it is followed by the Leinster Senior semi-final between Kildare and Offaly.’
- ‘The fact that this game is an all-ticket occasion may detract some people from going to the game.’
- ‘Set for an all-ticket affair, Airdrie are anticipating a 7,000 crowd, and on club websites they are already inquiring about tickets.’
- ‘It is not an all-ticket match and turnstiles will be open on the day but there are unlikely to be any seats still available.’
- ‘I see it as being vitally important that these supporters are able to get tickets for high profile all-ticket matches.’
- ‘The Tigers are also hoping for a 20,000-plus crowd for their first home game since January 17, having made the match all-ticket for away fans.’
- ‘Such has been the early interest that management has decided to make the show an all-ticket affair.’
- ‘A bumper crowd of more than 7,000 is expected at Bootham Crescent on Boxing Day for the all-ticket Christmas derby match against rivals Hull City.’
- ‘The match is strictly all-ticket with no admission on the day.’
- ‘But because the game is not an all-ticket affair just how many Bluebirds fans will be in attendance is open to debate.’
- ‘It was an all-ticket affair, and over 500 people turned up.’
- ‘Mr Campbell stressed, however, that the match was all-ticket and nobody would be allowed to pay on the gate.’
- ‘Royal Ascot is an all-ticket event and racegoers driving to York will have booked parking when they bought their tickets.’
- ‘Due to the magnitude of the game, City will already have extra police and extra security in order to combat any potential trouble, and the match is an all-ticket affair.’
- ‘Both teams are at full strength, the match is not all-ticket and a park and ride service is available.’
- ‘Any remaining tickets for Sunday's all-ticket clash will be on sale at the office before the game for cash buyers only.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.