One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an event, especially a sports match, for which spectators must buy tickets in advance.
- ‘Any remaining tickets for Sunday's all-ticket clash will be on sale at the office before the game for cash buyers only.’
- ‘The three all-ticket events held at last year's festival attracted a total of 300 people paying £6 a ticket.’
- ‘Now the Saints must steel themselves for their match with Celtic in an all-ticket affair at Love Street.’
- ‘Such has been the early interest that management has decided to make the show an all-ticket affair.’
- ‘Mr Campbell stressed, however, that the match was all-ticket and nobody would be allowed to pay on the gate.’
- ‘The match is strictly all-ticket with no admission on the day.’
- ‘It is not an all-ticket match and turnstiles will be open on the day but there are unlikely to be any seats still available.’
- ‘It was an all-ticket affair, and over 500 people turned up.’
- ‘The game is an all-ticket affair and should attract a capacity crowd to Clones.’
- ‘I see it as being vitally important that these supporters are able to get tickets for high profile all-ticket matches.’
- ‘But because the game is not an all-ticket affair just how many Bluebirds fans will be in attendance is open to debate.’
- ‘A bumper crowd of more than 7,000 is expected at Bootham Crescent on Boxing Day for the all-ticket Christmas derby match against rivals Hull City.’
- ‘The match is an all-ticket affair, with tickets only available until 2pm today and then on Friday until 4pm, from the club office at Bootham Crescent.’
- ‘Royal Ascot is an all-ticket event and racegoers driving to York will have booked parking when they bought their tickets.’
- ‘The match was an all-ticket event as it is followed by the Leinster Senior semi-final between Kildare and Offaly.’
- ‘Set for an all-ticket affair, Airdrie are anticipating a 7,000 crowd, and on club websites they are already inquiring about tickets.’
- ‘The fact that this game is an all-ticket occasion may detract some people from going to the game.’
- ‘Both teams are at full strength, the match is not all-ticket and a park and ride service is available.’
- ‘Due to the magnitude of the game, City will already have extra police and extra security in order to combat any potential trouble, and the match is an all-ticket affair.’
- ‘The Tigers are also hoping for a 20,000-plus crowd for their first home game since January 17, having made the match all-ticket for away fans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.