Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for all-terrain vehicle
- ‘It also has a certain offroad style, although it's more of an all-roader.’
- ‘The use of the vehicle outside of the official roads is not permitted, not even if the vehicle is an all-roader.’
- ‘The use of the vehicle outside of official roads is not permitted, not even if the vehicle is an all-roader.’
- ‘We like the use of signature Porsche design on a five-door, upmarket all-roader, but there are those who wish Porsche had toned it down.’
- ‘There will also be much more choice in the range, with niche developments including an all-roader, which will be born out of the innovative Steppenwolf concept.’
- ‘The adventure begins in the Volvo XC70 - a refined all-roader that caters equally well to ruggedness as it does to intelligent luxury.’
- ‘BMW's long-awaited all-roader has finally arrived in Australia 12 months after its release in the US and European markets.’
- ‘The car was seen at this year's Geneva Motor Show alongside the new Crossup all-roader, and Auto Express is the first magazine in the world to take the wheel of both.’
- ‘They certainly have the look of a serious all-roader - with the emphasis on the ‘ALL’ part.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.