One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for all-terrain vehicle
- ‘The use of the vehicle outside of the official roads is not permitted, not even if the vehicle is an all-roader.’
- ‘It also has a certain offroad style, although it's more of an all-roader.’
- ‘BMW's long-awaited all-roader has finally arrived in Australia 12 months after its release in the US and European markets.’
- ‘The car was seen at this year's Geneva Motor Show alongside the new Crossup all-roader, and Auto Express is the first magazine in the world to take the wheel of both.’
- ‘We like the use of signature Porsche design on a five-door, upmarket all-roader, but there are those who wish Porsche had toned it down.’
- ‘The adventure begins in the Volvo XC70 - a refined all-roader that caters equally well to ruggedness as it does to intelligent luxury.’
- ‘They certainly have the look of a serious all-roader - with the emphasis on the ‘ALL’ part.’
- ‘The use of the vehicle outside of official roads is not permitted, not even if the vehicle is an all-roader.’
- ‘There will also be much more choice in the range, with niche developments including an all-roader, which will be born out of the innovative Steppenwolf concept.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.