Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Completely new or updated.‘Peter Pan is back in an all-new adventure’‘GM and Ford have launched all-new, redesigned midsize SUVs’
- ‘After a 10 million baht makeover, the Bay is an all-new restaurant.’
- ‘They had to come up with all-new plots to continue the story.’
- ‘Look out for the all-new oyster bar in the food court.’
- ‘Aching abs and tears of mirth are forecast in this all-new one-man show.’
- ‘These are all-new levels, specifically designed for this project.’
- ‘They find themselves abandoned in the wild and having to come to terms with an all-new environment.’
- ‘While company officials won't publicly discuss their investment in the all-new truck, insiders hint it will top 1.8 billion dollars.’
- ‘There's a five-speed manual or all-new four-speed auto.’
- ‘The music is fantastic, containing many nods to the games' music as well as all-new themes and pieces.’
- ‘An all-new album is already well underway, slated for release next year.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.