One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Small alterations to bases, including oxidation and alkylation, are mainly repaired by the pathway known as base excision repair.’
- ‘Important synthetic methodology also exists for the alkylation of enolate ions.’
- ‘These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.’
- ‘The same sample was resolved into 7 distinct spots by acrylamide alkylation.’
- ‘Likewise the mustard nitrogen of chlorambucil should not be covalently joined to antibody, since it must be free to generate the toxic aziridinium ion responsible for DNA alkylation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.