One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Small alterations to bases, including oxidation and alkylation, are mainly repaired by the pathway known as base excision repair.’
- ‘Likewise the mustard nitrogen of chlorambucil should not be covalently joined to antibody, since it must be free to generate the toxic aziridinium ion responsible for DNA alkylation.’
- ‘These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.’
- ‘Important synthetic methodology also exists for the alkylation of enolate ions.’
- ‘The same sample was resolved into 7 distinct spots by acrylamide alkylation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.