Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The degree of cocoa alkalization is important, too.’
- ‘Alkalization brings out a stronger taste and a brighter color, but there is a point at which you want to stop on the degree of alkalization.’
- ‘It is important to choose a cocoa powder with an alkalization that will help keep the product's pH close to that of milk, around 7.0.’
- ‘These applications can use cocoa with color that has been adjusted through an alkalization process.’
- ‘The odor results from the liberation of amines and organic acids produced from the alkalization of anaerobic bacteria.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.