One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bicarbonate is a measure of the alkalinity of of the body's tissues.’
- ‘Loss of carbon dioxide increases alkalinity and causes a slight diminution in the protein content of the egg.’
- ‘Its mild alkalinity works to turn up fatty acids contained in dirt and grease into a form of soap that can be dissolved in water and rinsed easily.’
- ‘Precipitating water softeners increase alkalinity of the cleaning solution and this may damage skin and other materials being cleaned.’
- ‘The sulfite provides sufficient alkalinity to activate and maintain the developing process, and in addition acts as a solvent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.