One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Loss of carbon dioxide increases alkalinity and causes a slight diminution in the protein content of the egg.’
- ‘Bicarbonate is a measure of the alkalinity of of the body's tissues.’
- ‘Its mild alkalinity works to turn up fatty acids contained in dirt and grease into a form of soap that can be dissolved in water and rinsed easily.’
- ‘The sulfite provides sufficient alkalinity to activate and maintain the developing process, and in addition acts as a solvent.’
- ‘Precipitating water softeners increase alkalinity of the cleaning solution and this may damage skin and other materials being cleaned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.