One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a rock or mineral) richer in sodium and/or potassium than is usual for its type.
- ‘A further part deals with deposits associated with alkalic magmatism.’
- ‘In the northern Cordillera lower Paleozoic alkalic and potassic mafic magmatism is linked with rifting of the Selwyn Basin.’
- ‘Within the Grenville basement these are represented by alkalic to tholeiitic mafic dykes and alkalic to peralkaline granite plutons.’
- ‘Some ore deposits occur in alkalic ultrabasic rocks derived from the Earth's mantle.’
- ‘Whatever the source, an alkalic basaltic magma pooled in the potassium-poor rocks of the lower crust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.