Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Mauri is the unique life-force, the vitality, source and essential energy that drives existence, aliveness and being.’
- ‘Authentic choices and actions bring forth spirit: the energy that gives courage, passion, vitality, intensity, and aliveness to our existence.’
- ‘I mean it in the concrete sense that is used in everyday life, the sense of soul, feeling, connectedness, inspiration, and aliveness.’
- ‘But throughout the book the occasional faults matter little against the poetry's terrible aliveness.’
- ‘That sense of aliveness isn't there when you read the text, and seeing the performance will be much more engaging.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.