Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Analyze current literacy and aliteracy culture trends affecting all readers in K - 12 content classrooms.’
- ‘Programs to address aliteracy should be geared to both children and their parents.’
- ‘It provides a reference for educators to determine causes of aliteracy and gives guidelines to reach students.’
- ‘At a time when the nation is plagued more by aliteracy than literacy - that is, an apathy to reading rather than the inability - we continue to advocate for reading as both an essential part of our culture, and an endangered one.’
- ‘There is good reason for educators to be concerned about aliteracy, the lack of desire to read.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.