Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The whole passage along which food passes through the body from mouth to anus during digestion.
- ‘The digestive system is made up of the alimentary canal and the other abdominal organs that play a part in digestion, such as the liver and pancreas.’
- ‘The food in the alimentary canal is technically outside the body.’
- ‘Crohn's disease is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory disorder of the alimentary canal with involvement anywhere from the mouth to the anus.’
- ‘The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.’
- ‘The alimentary canal is not innervated via the ventral nervous system as has been claimed earlier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.