One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The whole passage along which food passes through the body from mouth to anus during digestion.
- ‘The food in the alimentary canal is technically outside the body.’
- ‘The digestive system is made up of the alimentary canal and the other abdominal organs that play a part in digestion, such as the liver and pancreas.’
- ‘The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.’
- ‘Crohn's disease is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory disorder of the alimentary canal with involvement anywhere from the mouth to the anus.’
- ‘The alimentary canal is not innervated via the ventral nervous system as has been claimed earlier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.