One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of being an alien.
- ‘I do not see why there has to be any particular time limitation, as long as you are achieving some legitimate purpose relevant to alienage.’
- ‘That definition of the status of the alienage focuses on what it is that gives a person the status: owing obligations to another sovereign power.’
- ‘But, again, the argument is sliding between considerations of a statutory concept, citizenship, and considerations of a constitutional concept, alienage.’
- ‘In the first case the appearance of objectivity arises from alienation, in the second from alienage.’
- ‘In modem societies the foundational institutions for membership are citizenship and alienage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.