Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘But image processing is probably algorithmically more difficult and probably also requires greater computer processing power.’
- ‘Probably not, but in retrospect I take satisfaction in the thought that our ritual for choosing teams was algorithmically well-founded.’
- ‘It is possible to formulate this process algorithmically using graphs and therefore to automate the method.’
- ‘Because the computer can generate material algorithmically, it can respond to the user's choices in real-time.’
- ‘And if there can be no proper theory, then the bit string is called algorithmically random or irreducible.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.