One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounStock Market
Automated trading by computers which are programmed to take certain actions in response to varying market data.‘algorithmic trading relies on computer systems to buy shares automatically when predefined market conditions are met’
- ‘We haven't had a repeat of last year's "flash crash," but algorithmic trading has caused mini-flash crashes since.’
- ‘Before joining Deutsche Bank, he worked in London as head of global portfolio trading and algorithmic trading.’
- ‘The solution provides streamlined trading, clearing and settlement services including algorithmic trading and straight-through processing.’
- ‘Not only is algorithmic trading in principle more secure than using a human broker but it also costs less than a penny a share.’
- ‘The future is more in soft skills IT, mobiles communications, trading platforms, algorithmic trading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.