Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Algorithmic traders are increasingly important in the market.’
- ‘Bailey is an algorithmic trader and former member of a group of high frequency proprietary traders who made a huge profit in 2008.’
- ‘As the algorithmic traders are demonstrating, even rules that work today will have to adapt tomorrow.’
- ‘She used to make millions of dollars a year as an algorithmic trader, she but left to start her own business.’
- ‘Critics say such tricks should be barred to prevent algorithmic traders from unfairly dominating the market.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.