Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The overall style of Gordan's mathematical work was algorithmic.’
- ‘It has been known for about forty years that there is no algorithmic way of deciding whether a given collection of polygonal shapes will tile the plane, that is, the tiling problem is non-recursive.’
- ‘What they did develop was an algorithmic approach to solving problems which, in our terminology, would give rise to a quadratic equation.’
- ‘This factor is the primary justification for replacing the standard algorithmic procedure with an alternative one.’
- ‘Joseph Culberson has a nice perspective on such theorems from an algorithmic point of view, and attempts to frame them in the context of complexity theory.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.