One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of algae.
- ‘Phycology (or algology), a subdiscipline of botany, is the scientific study of algae.’
- ‘The subject-matter, which includes fresh-water and marine algology, comprises a study of the algal groups and their reproduction.’
- ‘The study of algae is called phycology or algology.’
- ‘The decision to attempt percutaneous chordotomy is made by the patient and physicians experienced in pain-relieving procedures at the department of algology.’
- ‘He is a famous scientist in algology study, and has found 22 new species of algae.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.