Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Even landlubbing algologists have little knowledge of algal bark and rock species.’
- ‘In the last decade, the aquaculture activities expanded around the world and one of the major challenges facing algologists is reducing production costs while maintaining reliability.’
- ‘To the Japanese algologists in particular, this has been an outstanding problem for years.’
- ‘The Hungarian Algological Society collects the publications of Hungarian algologists and compiles annual issues.’
- ‘Currently, I am a senior scientist, hydrobiologist, and algologist at the Hungarian Danube Research Station of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.