Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘the algo determines which indexed pages are most relevant to that search term’short for algorithm
- ‘Google, like most other search engines, keeps this algo a closely guarded secret to prevent it from being exploited.’
- ‘It sounds like the relevancy algos are going in the exact opposite direction of what you're saying is best for the web?’
- ‘Hence, getting that algo to fire can mean your newer content has a chance to rank above the normal results.’
- ‘I was exchanging mail with a colleague about a problem in dynamic graph algos.’
- ‘It's up to Google and others to adjust their algo accordingly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.