Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which is poisonous to algae.
- ‘The algicide targets Oscillatoria perornata, a species of cyanobacteria prevalent in Mississippi.’
- ‘Iodine is, however, ineffective as an algicide.’
- ‘Better help may be on the horizon for many catfish farmers in the form of a natural-based algicide that kills blue-green algae but is much safer for other pond life.’
- ‘Aquatic herbicides and algicides have been used successfully for several decades.’
- ‘‘We're also looking at other algicides,’ notes Anderson.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.