Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which is poisonous to algae.
- ‘Iodine is, however, ineffective as an algicide.’
- ‘Better help may be on the horizon for many catfish farmers in the form of a natural-based algicide that kills blue-green algae but is much safer for other pond life.’
- ‘Aquatic herbicides and algicides have been used successfully for several decades.’
- ‘‘We're also looking at other algicides,’ notes Anderson.’
- ‘The algicide targets Oscillatoria perornata, a species of cyanobacteria prevalent in Mississippi.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.