One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which is poisonous to algae.
- ‘Iodine is, however, ineffective as an algicide.’
- ‘‘We're also looking at other algicides,’ notes Anderson.’
- ‘Better help may be on the horizon for many catfish farmers in the form of a natural-based algicide that kills blue-green algae but is much safer for other pond life.’
- ‘The algicide targets Oscillatoria perornata, a species of cyanobacteria prevalent in Mississippi.’
- ‘Aquatic herbicides and algicides have been used successfully for several decades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.