Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In other words, like many other algebraists, Chinese or not, he demonstrates algebra by using it…’
- ‘Problems such as these still seem to present a formidable challenge to the ingenuity of algebraists.’
- ‘Early algebraists had to prove their formulas by geometry.’
- ‘Or he might want to train future algebraists and maybe attract a few Ph.D. students for himself.’
- ‘Few algebraists seriously think about writing the great American comprehensive algebra text.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.