One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The first person known to have solved cubic equations algebraically was del Ferro but he told nobody of his achievement.’
- ‘Some rate Severi's discovery of a base of algebraically independent curves on any surface as his most important contribution.’
- ‘Lagrange's main object was to find out why cubic and quartic equations could be solved algebraically.’
- ‘He proved that every field has an algebraically closed extension field, perhaps his most important single theorem.’
- ‘These methods were, to a large extent, motivated by attempts to solve equations algebraically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.