One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These methods were, to a large extent, motivated by attempts to solve equations algebraically.’
- ‘The first person known to have solved cubic equations algebraically was del Ferro but he told nobody of his achievement.’
- ‘Lagrange's main object was to find out why cubic and quartic equations could be solved algebraically.’
- ‘Some rate Severi's discovery of a base of algebraically independent curves on any surface as his most important contribution.’
- ‘He proved that every field has an algebraically closed extension field, perhaps his most important single theorem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.