One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We may say most aptly that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard loom weaves flowers and leaves’ - Lovelace describing the Analytical Engine in the ‘Notes’.’
- ‘It was unfortunate for him that already in the 1920's the fashion in algebraical research had drastically changed, and his original work on invariants did not receive the recognition which it would have found two decades earlier.’
- ‘The term merely serves as an algebraical symbol for comparing the values of products with one another.’
- ‘Some indeed were revelling in the formulae of algebraical infinity and of twenty-four-dimensional space, like a child in the elementary class dealing with the four rules of arithmetic.’
- ‘Sumner was informed that a learned mathematician had discovered an algebraical demonstration of the existence of God and would present it before the audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.