One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of the lichen is composed of fungal filaments, but living among the filaments are algal cells, usually from a green alga or a cyanobacterium.’
- ‘The unexpectedly high algal diversity reflects a low selectivity toward the algal partner in these lichen species.’
- ‘The diet of Daphnia was supplemented with an algal suspension of Chlorella SP.’
- ‘After their split from the green algae, a red algal cell was engulfed by a nonphotosynthetic protist and reduced to a plastid.’
- ‘Photosynthesis and primary production were the monopoly of bacteria and algal protists that populated the world's shallow seas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.