One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The unexpectedly high algal diversity reflects a low selectivity toward the algal partner in these lichen species.’
- ‘Most of the lichen is composed of fungal filaments, but living among the filaments are algal cells, usually from a green alga or a cyanobacterium.’
- ‘Photosynthesis and primary production were the monopoly of bacteria and algal protists that populated the world's shallow seas.’
- ‘After their split from the green algae, a red algal cell was engulfed by a nonphotosynthetic protist and reduced to a plastid.’
- ‘The diet of Daphnia was supplemented with an algal suspension of Chlorella SP.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.