One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transverse magnetohydrodynamic wave travelling in the direction of the magnetic field in a magnetized plasma. The velocity of such waves (the Alfvén velocity or speed) is characteristic for a plasma of given properties.
- ‘The Alfvén waves are very important in Space research as well as in current fusion research.’
- ‘Magnetohydrodynamic waves (Alfvén waves) are produced by coupling forces between the magnetic field and highly conductive fluids.’
- ‘At the cyclotron frequency the Alfvén wave becomes resonant, and the wavelength goes to zero.’
- ‘In the present experiments only one module of the Alfvén wave antenna system has been used.’
- ‘The discovery of Alfvén waves is, in many ways, representative of his approach.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.