One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a sauce for pasta incorporating butter, cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.postpositive ‘fettuccine Alfredo’
- ‘You'll use the technique for making this sauce over and over, for everything from mac 'n' cheese to Alfredo sauce.’
- ‘That's what we called Fettuccine Alfredo in our 1994 study of Italian restaurants.’
- ‘Barilla's other tip: Try a white cream sauce like Alfredo on your fatty pasta.’
- ‘It seems crazy to refer to Buffalo wings, steak swimming in Alfredo sauce, and bunless double cheeseburgers as ‘diet food.’’
- ‘Then, of course, there are the ones rushing to your rescue with a bowl of spaghetti Alfredo.’
Named after Alfredo di Lelio, the Italian chef and restaurateur who invented the sauce.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.