One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system designed to promote well-being by retraining one's awareness and habits of posture to ensure minimum effort and strain.
- ‘For example, acupuncture, the Alexander technique, reflexology, yoga and massage, and aromatherapy may be helpful.’
- ‘A Kingston school which teaches pupils the Alexander technique, a method of improving posture, has launched a book which is used to teach the subject to pupils.’
- ‘Some people find that the symptoms of a hiatus hernia can be improved by better postural balance which may be achieved with the Alexander technique.’
- ‘The Alexander technique (which improves the posture) and yoga (which improves strength and flexibility of muscles) are obvious examples.’
- ‘Acupuncture and the Alexander technique may help relieve discomfort.’
1930s: named after Frederick Matthias Alexander (1869–1955), the Australian-born actor and elocutionist who developed it.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.