One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They look at the little vehicle curiously but not very alertly.’
- ‘Both Aaron and Ryan moved carefully and alertly, and Ryan had his sword drawn.’
- ‘But I was grateful to the copy editor for reading the book sufficiently alertly to have noticed.’
- ‘Thankfully, however, the deer do wise up quickly, alertly scanning their surroundings for different sounds or a hint of movement that wasn't there the day before.’
- ‘An original thinker always alertly attuned to contemporary culture, he was admired for his intellectual style and the felicity with which he expressed his ideas in his many books and articles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.