One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But I was grateful to the copy editor for reading the book sufficiently alertly to have noticed.’
- ‘An original thinker always alertly attuned to contemporary culture, he was admired for his intellectual style and the felicity with which he expressed his ideas in his many books and articles.’
- ‘Thankfully, however, the deer do wise up quickly, alertly scanning their surroundings for different sounds or a hint of movement that wasn't there the day before.’
- ‘Both Aaron and Ryan moved carefully and alertly, and Ryan had his sword drawn.’
- ‘They look at the little vehicle curiously but not very alertly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.