One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cripling received no support whatever from his brethren, who in the subsequent March agreed not only to deprive him of his aldermanship but also to disfranchise him.’
- ‘For many years he has taken part in the councils of the town as a representative of No.1 Ward, and he was last year elevated to the dignity of aldermanship.’
- ‘Four councillors of the Overstrand Municipality were awarded aldermanship at a special council meeting last night in terms of the criteria that was adopted at the end of June.’
- ‘In the meantime, Gonzalez is hoping to break down the mystique of the Ward One aldermanship by organizing focus groups of students with similar concerns.’
- ‘He was appointed a Justice of the Peace in 1865, and has been a number of times called upon to accept the representation of Chateauguay in Parliament, and the aldermanship of influential wards in Montreal, but has refused to touch politics or civic honors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.