One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There were no sharp questions for council officers or the Mayor and Deputy Mayor when aldermanic candidates were briefed on topical issues last week.’
- ‘Brookins apologized for his lapse of aldermanic etiquette, but his contrition was not enough to win support for a 50-acre shopping center that also would include an Office Depot and a Lowe's home-improvement store.’
- ‘The ending of the aldermanic system and the more frequent turnover of councillors have probably reduced the possibilities for the emergence of such experienced influentials.’
- ‘In fact, in three of the five elections named (the 2004 federal election and both the mayoral and aldermanic races in the 2001 civic election), I voted for the candidate who finished last.’
- ‘Testamentary practice and aldermanic proceedings from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries attest that married women were by no means silent partners in marital property management.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.