One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ending of the aldermanic system and the more frequent turnover of councillors have probably reduced the possibilities for the emergence of such experienced influentials.’
- ‘Brookins apologized for his lapse of aldermanic etiquette, but his contrition was not enough to win support for a 50-acre shopping center that also would include an Office Depot and a Lowe's home-improvement store.’
- ‘Testamentary practice and aldermanic proceedings from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries attest that married women were by no means silent partners in marital property management.’
- ‘There were no sharp questions for council officers or the Mayor and Deputy Mayor when aldermanic candidates were briefed on topical issues last week.’
- ‘In fact, in three of the five elections named (the 2004 federal election and both the mayoral and aldermanic races in the 2001 civic election), I voted for the candidate who finished last.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.