One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deciduous Eurasian shrub which bears glossy leaves and black berries.
- ‘Chestnut trees, birch trees, holly bushes and alder buckthorns in oligotrophic oak groves.’
- ‘The source of dried buckthorn bark, the alder buckthorn, is a shrub native to Europe and western parts of Asia.’
- ‘Botanical Source. - The alder buckthorn is a smooth shrub growing to the height of from 10 to 15 feet.’
- ‘If you have any doubts about how the alder buckthorn you plan to use has been aged, do not use it.’
- ‘The bark of alder buckthorn is removed, cut into small pieces, and dried for one year before being used medicinally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.