One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deciduous Eurasian shrub which bears glossy leaves and black berries.
Frangula alnus (or Rhamnus frangula), family Rhamnaceae
- ‘If you have any doubts about how the alder buckthorn you plan to use has been aged, do not use it.’
- ‘Botanical Source. - The alder buckthorn is a smooth shrub growing to the height of from 10 to 15 feet.’
- ‘The bark of alder buckthorn is removed, cut into small pieces, and dried for one year before being used medicinally.’
- ‘Chestnut trees, birch trees, holly bushes and alder buckthorns in oligotrophic oak groves.’
- ‘The source of dried buckthorn bark, the alder buckthorn, is a shrub native to Europe and western parts of Asia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.