One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of albumin in the urine, typically as a symptom of kidney disease.
- ‘Data adjusted for age at diagnosis of diabetes, ethnic group, smoking status, presence of albuminuria, haemoglobin A 1c, high and low density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglyceride’
- ‘But dropsy was still poorly understood until Bright, who put it all together with diseased kidneys and albuminuria and distinguished dropsies of renal origin from other etiologies.’
- ‘There is little argument regarding the benefits in patients with overt albuminuria and or diabetic nephropathy.’
- ‘This volume focused on diseases of the kidney and its association with dropsy and albuminuria, as well as diseases of the liver with dropsy and afflictions of the lungs and intestines.’
- ‘Since albuminuria is a known risk factor for heart disease and hypertension, these findings help piece together the jigsaw.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.