One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of, resembling, or containing albumen.
- ‘Sensation is not necessarily associated with nerves, but undoubtedly with certain albuminous bodies which up to now have not been more precisely determined.’
- ‘Tabular view of the morbid appearances in 100 cases connected with albuminous urine, with observations.’
- ‘In my opinion, the albuminous materials were never the ferments, but the nutrients of the ferment.’
- ‘Glonoine has albuminous urine and will sometimes be found useful in acute and haemorrhagic nephritis.’
- ‘In 1827, English biochemist William Prout classified foods into four main categories: water, saccharinous, oleaginous, and albuminous (proteins).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.