One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of, resembling, or containing albumen.
- ‘In my opinion, the albuminous materials were never the ferments, but the nutrients of the ferment.’
- ‘In 1827, English biochemist William Prout classified foods into four main categories: water, saccharinous, oleaginous, and albuminous (proteins).’
- ‘Glonoine has albuminous urine and will sometimes be found useful in acute and haemorrhagic nephritis.’
- ‘Sensation is not necessarily associated with nerves, but undoubtedly with certain albuminous bodies which up to now have not been more precisely determined.’
- ‘Tabular view of the morbid appearances in 100 cases connected with albuminous urine, with observations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.