One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scleroprotein
- ‘Dogs fed a diet of only sugar and fat would not survive, but dogs whose diets included albuminoids would.’
- ‘In [, in] 1846 the German Baron Justus von Liebig classified foodstuffs by their content of carbohydrates, fats, and oils, and what were then called ‘albuminoids’ or ‘nitrogenous matter’, now known as proteins.’
- ‘It is natural that the albuminoids should have no specially allotted destination, since every part of the machine has to be maintained.’
- ‘He found that albuminoids derived from decaying vegetable substances did not have the same effect.’
- ‘The solution obtained by dissolving the absorbent albuminoid in the buffer advantageously contains 6% by weight of this albuminoid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.