One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Canadian province of Alberta or its inhabitants.‘an isolated Albertan town’
- ‘Albertan opposition parties are tiny to the point of insignificance.’
- ‘It certainly looks like a scarf that would be perfect for an Albertan autumn.’
- ‘His accent, I have noticed, is very specifically Albertan.’
- ‘More dinosaur taxa occur in the individual Albertan formations than in the Aguja formation in Texas.’
- ‘We feel really lucky to get a chance to play such a great venue, especially with such great Albertan bands.’
A native or inhabitant of the Canadian province of Alberta.‘she was the first Albertan to receive a commission from the National Arts Centre’
- ‘The Albertan now faces the challenge of following up perhaps his best performance of the competition.’
- ‘The average Albertan now takes home over 500 dollars more per year than the average British Columbian.’
- ‘Despite the frozen funding levels, Albertans are among the highest supporters of the arts in Canada.’
- ‘The province's economic boom has not led to a rise in the standard of living for the majority of Albertans.’
- ‘Like any proud Albertan, it's in my blood to make fun of the people of Saskatchewan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.