One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Alaska.‘he loved the unique Alaskan scenery’
- ‘He was on a self-appointed mission to save the Alaskan grizzlies, and every summer he would camp among them and film them.’
- ‘Dressed in a heavy white sweater and jeans, he comes across as someone gearing up for an Alaskan wildlife expedition.’
- ‘With a couple of Alaskan summers under my belt, I realize what an excess of sun can do to the human brain.’
- ‘It's a story about an oil company doing research in the Alaskan wilderness and who are preparing the arrival of the big oil rigs.’
- ‘Buck lead the sled team for the journey from the Alaskan coast across the snowy wild lands to Dawson City.’
- ‘Alaskan yellow cedar siding and windows and a metal roof provide a hardy exterior, while cherry and cedar upgrade the quality of the interior.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Alaska.‘Alaskans are incredibly proud of their state’
- ‘These Alaskans fused the grunge sound with hypnotic, chiming Eastern melodies.’
- ‘As an Alaskan with lots of cold weather experience, he should know.’
- ‘To an Alaskan, snow is abstract art, smashing all the conventions and everything in its way.’
- ‘Alaskans voted in 2000 to stop private citizens from using aircraft to track and kill wolves for state predator-control programs.’
- ‘Alaskans are aware of our responsibilities in protecting our environment, and our state has cumbersome and detailed permitting requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.