One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Alaska.‘he loved the unique Alaskan scenery’
- ‘Buck lead the sled team for the journey from the Alaskan coast across the snowy wild lands to Dawson City.’
- ‘Dressed in a heavy white sweater and jeans, he comes across as someone gearing up for an Alaskan wildlife expedition.’
- ‘With a couple of Alaskan summers under my belt, I realize what an excess of sun can do to the human brain.’
- ‘He was on a self-appointed mission to save the Alaskan grizzlies, and every summer he would camp among them and film them.’
- ‘It's a story about an oil company doing research in the Alaskan wilderness and who are preparing the arrival of the big oil rigs.’
- ‘Alaskan yellow cedar siding and windows and a metal roof provide a hardy exterior, while cherry and cedar upgrade the quality of the interior.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Alaska.‘Alaskans are incredibly proud of their state’
- ‘Alaskans are aware of our responsibilities in protecting our environment, and our state has cumbersome and detailed permitting requirements.’
- ‘These Alaskans fused the grunge sound with hypnotic, chiming Eastern melodies.’
- ‘Alaskans voted in 2000 to stop private citizens from using aircraft to track and kill wolves for state predator-control programs.’
- ‘As an Alaskan with lots of cold weather experience, he should know.’
- ‘To an Alaskan, snow is abstract art, smashing all the conventions and everything in its way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.