One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Alabama or its inhabitants.‘his deep voice was laced with a hint of an Alabaman accent’
- ‘Bains recruited a set of Alabaman and Georgian musicians as his backing band.’
- ‘Is there anything distinctly Alabaman on the menu?’
- ‘The short story was penned by a young Alabaman writer.’
- ‘Rachel tells her Alabaman prom date the truth about herself and his reaction makes the scales fall from her eyes.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Alabama.‘an Alabaman by birth and a Texan by upbringing’
- ‘Alabamans certainly know a quarterback is most accurately judged by his wins.’
- ‘From the wall peered down a portrait of former Justice Black, a native Alabaman and one of Arlen's inspirations.’
- ‘Alabamans have long held a jaded but honest view of politicians.’
- ‘A blunt but affable Alabaman, he was a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and saw combat as a naval aviator early in World War II.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.