One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the absence of Behcet's disease, intracardiac thrombus is often found to overlie an akinetic myocardial segment.’
- ‘In more derived snakes, most of the occipital elements are fused, forming essentially the only akinetic structure in the skull.’
- ‘This has the effect of moving the femur farther forward than would be possible with an akinetic pelvis thereby increasing stride length.’
- ‘Conversely, they may be fully conscious but feel that they don't want to do anything at all - akinetic mutism.’
- ‘That we are here proves that a solid, akinetic skull doesn't necessarily doom a taxon to morphological stagnation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.