One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Indian religion) a supposed all-pervading field in the ether in which a record of past events is imprinted.
- ‘The elements - spirit or akasha, The Hindu tattwas, The Tibetan elements, The Chinese Wu-Hsing - The five elemental activities’
- ‘In Hindu mysticism, Lord Murugan rides through the akasha on a peacock.’
- ‘These five pure colors are considered to be associated with the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether, or akasha.’
- ‘He who knows it as existing in the cave of the heart, in the transcendent akasha realizes all his desires along with the Omniscient Brahman.’
- ‘Prana acting on akasha is creating or projecting the universe.’
- ‘That great, unborn Self, which is identified with the intellect and which dwells in the midst of the organs, lies in the akasha within the heart.’
From Sanskrit ākāśa.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.