One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Indian religion) a supposed all-pervading field in the ether in which a record of past events is imprinted.
- ‘These five pure colors are considered to be associated with the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether, or akasha.’
- ‘In Hindu mysticism, Lord Murugan rides through the akasha on a peacock.’
- ‘The elements - spirit or akasha, The Hindu tattwas, The Tibetan elements, The Chinese Wu-Hsing - The five elemental activities’
- ‘That great, unborn Self, which is identified with the intellect and which dwells in the midst of the organs, lies in the akasha within the heart.’
- ‘He who knows it as existing in the cave of the heart, in the transcendent akasha realizes all his desires along with the Omniscient Brahman.’
- ‘Prana acting on akasha is creating or projecting the universe.’
From Sanskrit ākāśa.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.