One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of assault rifle originally manufactured in the Soviet Union.
- ‘The weapon was developed for motorized infantry, adopted for service with the Soviet Army in 1949 and designated the AK-47.’
- ‘Cradling the latest model of his "creative genius" in Moscow on Friday, the inventor of the AK-47 told reporters at the 60th anniversary of the world's most famous assault rifle that his conscience is clear.’
- ‘'I sleep sound,' AK-47 inventor says as rifle turns 60’
- ‘The AK47 has the established and well-deserved reputation as perhaps the most reliable battle rifle ever manufactured.’
- ‘The amazing, continued escalation of AK47 hype has certainly not gone away.’
1970s: abbreviation of Russian Avtomat Kalashnikov 1947, the designation of the original model designed by Mikhail T. Kalashnikov (1919–2013).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.