One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large passenger aircraft.
- ‘You have just as much right to operate there as the big airliners do.’
- ‘The team ensured that civilian airliners and local mustering aircraft were kept out of the way of the fast jets.’
- ‘A few hours later a passenger airliner takes off from Mexico City bound for Houston.’
- ‘We know that you served as an Air Force Academy liaison officer when you weren't flying airliners.’
- ‘Converting the military transport to airliners was not an easy undertaking.’
- ‘They should worry about the public flying on commercial airliners out of these commercial airports.’
- ‘The tops of the storms were above 50,000 feet, and even the airliners wouldn't be able to get above them.’
- ‘It seemed like a dream that I would soon be flying on a fantastic airliner.’
- ‘It covers most major airliners in service today and lists future projects under development at Airbus and Boeing.’
- ‘Image getting weighed in public in today's environment before boarding an airliner.’
- ‘Rescue boats were at the scene in minutes and managed to attach tow lines to the airliner and move it closer to shore.’
- ‘Four of these machines were built and had a long and useful life hauling large components for Airbus airliners.’
- ‘Finally, the authors misuse the air-space analogy in their discussion of the treatment of airliners.’
- ‘Boeing's press release stated that it took six million square feet of blueprints to build the airliner.’
- ‘It was several years before I flew again and then on a commercial airliner.’
- ‘In the Clipper era, there were no cramped or massed rows of seats so common aboard today's jet airliners.’
- ‘It will be fitted with a fly-by-wire flight control system developed for the Airbus range of civil airliners.’
- ‘On 23 June, the restored airliner was rolled out to an admiring crowd of spectators.’
- ‘This was the end for piston engine airliners, as the new jets soon dominated the commercial airline industry.’
- ‘Both airlines had large route structures where a pressurized airliner could be fully utilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.