One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps she is just overcome by the airlessness of a crowded room.’
- ‘If the airlessness of the venue on a warm evening hadn't already taken my breath away, the concentrated power of this production certainly would have.’
- ‘Renovating your home makes the difference between the airlessness of your apartment and an airy dwelling.’
- ‘The metal construction of the cells and the lack of windows exacerbates their airlessness in a tropical heat which is relentless, all year round.’
- ‘The heat in the street was terrible: and the airlessness, the bustle and the plaster, scaffolding, bricks, and dust all about him, and that special Petersburg stench, so familiar to all who are unable to get out of town in summer - all worked painfully upon the young man's already overwrought nerves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.